Call For Submissions — Main Gallery
Main Gallery – OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Deadline June 1, 2023
A Space Gallery is accepting submissions to our Main Gallery for exhibitions in the 2022 and the 2023 seasons. This call is for artists working in all media and is also open to curatorial proposals.
Founded in 1971, A Space, located in downtown Toronto is one of the oldest artist-run centres in Canada. The gallery, located at 401 Richmond Street in Toronto’s garment district, features 1200 square feet of exhibition space and 120 linear feet of 10 foot high walls, with the ceiling at 13 feet. We pay artist fees to artists according to CARFAC standards.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
A Space Gallery only accepts digital submissions. Applications must be submitted in a single PDF of less than 1MB that is Macintosh accessible. Please put all of your files, text and images in the same PDF so that you are uploading only one document. Title the PDF with your first and last name. No zip files. If you have a video/audio file, you will need to include a link in the document. A month before the deadline we will open the submissions page on our website (below), where you will be able to securely upload your submission to our server. The link will be closed on June 25 at 3pm.
NOTE: If you are having trouble uploading your PDF, please update your browser to the newest version and make sure your file is under 900KB.
All submissions must include in one PDF of less than 1MB:
- Support material. Included in your PDF you may submit up to 10 jpegs of a combination of previous work and the work intended for exhibition. All images must be labeled with a corresponding image description of the dimensions of the work, media, title and year of production. You may submit a link to watch a 5 minute section of video or audio;
- 100 word exhibition description;
- One page Artist or Curatorial statement and detailed project description;
- A list of technical requirements, equipment, and materials;
- Additional support material such as reviews, if available.
It takes at least four months for the programming decisions to be made. We will dispose of submission materials appropriately.