Attention: Gallery Members
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - A Space WINDOWS
Deadline March 15, 2017
A Space Gallery is calling for submissions from gallery members for the A Space Windows. Located in the hallway outside the gallery, this exhibition space is a high profile public area. Work displayed here will reflect the gallery's commitment to exhibiting innovative artistic practices by A Space Members. Before developing a proposal for this site it is advised that you become familiar with the Windows. Submissions must be site-specific and take into account the physical characteristics of the windows (4 spaces each measuring 3’9” wide, 5’7” high and 11” deep), the hallway in which they are situated, the proximity to A Space Gallery and their location in the 401 Richmond Street Building. Selected proposals will be exhibited during the 2016/2017 programming year. We pay artist fees to artists according to CARFAC standards.
Submissions should include:
• One page project description
• CV and artist's statement
• Support material: max. of 10 slides or digital images on CD, write your name on each slide, and number them corresponding to the slide sheet. Mark the lower left corner with a red dot. Do not adhere labels on slides, nor submit glass mounted slides.
• Descriptive list for visual materials (title, medium, dimensions, date)
• Self addressed stamped envelope
Note: Do not send original slides or artwork. A Space is not responsible for lost or damaged submissions. Please clearly label your submission: Member Windows
For information call Rebecca McGowan at 416-979-9633.